Here are some suggestions, which can help one keep an emotional balance and enable oneself to be more in charge of emotions during this time.
- Acknowledge your feelings. Allow yourself to admit that you feel sadness and grief if there has been an event of a separation, divorce or loss of a loved one this past year.
- Be realistic, by keeping your expectations reasonable.
- Plan ahead, to avoid stress. Develop a schedule of specific days for shopping, baking, and delivering gifts and social gatherings.
- Maintain a positive outlook. Make a point of avoiding negative people who are complainers and critical of others.
- If you are alone for the season, plan early to be with some friends.
- Share responsibilities with other family members or friends such as cooking or baking. Avoid fatigue and be nice to yourself.
- Be moderate with food and drink. Eat only what you want and drink what you can reasonably handle, avoiding overdoing it.
- Give to others less fortunate than yourself. Give a gift of money, if you can afford it.
- Remember the true meaning of the holidays. They are a time of spirituality and recognition of special religious events. This could be a time to renew your spiritual beliefs.
Let's see the holidays as a time for deeper understanding of our lives, our motivations and our relationships with others. Happy holidays and may the peace and true meaning of the season be yours today and throughout the year.
Post a Comment